(This information is provided directly by the driver and is not edited by this website.)
Within 5 days you may able to cover
• Sigirye Rock Fortress – UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Dambulle cave Temple – UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Ayurvedic Herbal & Spice Gardens
• Cultural Show (Traditional drumming, dancing & Fire Walking)
• Tooth Relic Temple in Kandy
• Kandy City Tour
• Royal Botanical Gardens at Peradeniye
• Visiting a Tea Factory & Tea Gardens
• Colombo City Tour & Shopping
Personally until tour come to end I will be your driver and guide.
Fully Air-conditioned Luxury Car or Minivan with passengers’ insurance coverage.
Fuel / free Wi-Fi / driver food and accommodation / parking fees / tour guide entrance tickets/ Unlimited kilometer according to tour itinerary.
Accommodation/ Entrance tickets for all activities mentioned above/Tips and porterage /Expenses of a personal nature/ food and Beverages Flights & Visas /Early check-in & Early checkout charges Activities charges
Day 1: – Negambo to Dambulla
Arrival at Bandaranayeka International Ari Port and proceed to Dambulla.
En-route visit UNESCO World Heritage Site Sigiriya; the lion rock, a rock fortress-cum royal palace complex of 5thc AD, was created by king Kashyape who committed patricide made the rock his hideout in order to stay away from his half-brother who sought vengeance. This king not only fortified his stronghold but also added to it artistic beauty with water gardens, pavilions, courtyards, summer houses etc. About two hours can happily be spent walking through its water gardens, and then up the steep steps – either hewn out of the rock or on circular iron staircases – past the frescoes. You will be in no rush to abandon the spectacular views at the summit.
Night 1: Dambulla
Day 2: Dambulla to Kandy
After breakfast leave for Kandy. En route visit Cave Temple at Dambulla-UNESCO World Heritage site where large number of Buddha statues housed in 5 caves, including a 14-meter-long, colossal figure of the recumbent Buddha carved out of the rock, The caves’ rock ceiling covered in one large sweep of colorful frescoes. It is the best place to see the classical Buddhist paintings & murals of the island. Next visit an Ayurvedic herbal & Spice garden at Matale, where spices & herbs used for Sri Lankan cuisine and medication are grown.
Evening, see the Cultural Show in Kandy. At the Cultural Show, you can enjoy the Dancers & Drums of Traditional Artist with their magical Fire walking. Afterward, visit the sacred tooth relic temple of the Buddha. The temple, the most venerated place of Buddhist of Sri Lanaka, was built in the 14th Century A.D. solely for the purpose of housing the tooth relic which was brought to the island in 4th c AD. The temple has decorative walls, a golden roof and fine woodwork. Religious services (pooja) with traditional music and drumming are held daily at dawn, mid-day and in the evening where guests can participate
Night 2: Kandy
Day 3: Kandy to Nuwera Eliya
After breakfast leave for sightseeing in Kandy city; Kandy- UNESCO World Heritage Site, the capital of hill country, was the last seat of Sinhalese kings who ceded power to the British in1815 after many battle with the western colonial forces, still remains much of its old world charm and traditions of the Sri Lankan life style, The Sightseeing in Kandy includes Upper Lake Drive, picturesque premises of the University of Peradeniya, and Observe the glorious Architecture of that period. Visiting Art & Craft Centers, Gem Lapidary to see the rich skills of Kandian Traditional Craftsmen & Artists.
Afterward visit Royal Botanical Gardens at Peradeniya; the Botanical Gardens used to be the pleasure garden of a Kandyan King of the 16th Century and later made in to a Botanical Garden during the British regime. This gardens; one of the best in Asia is a place of beauty and site for bird watchers.
Then after proceed to Nuwera Eliya and en route visit to a Tea Factory with rolling tea gardens .The journey goes via crashing waterfalls & stunning landscape and reach Nuwera Eliya in the evening: Nuwara Eliya also known as Little England is where the homesick British (The Tea Planters) built themselves a home away from home.
Night 3: Nueara Eliya
Day 4: Nuwera Eliya to Colombo
After Breakfast proceed to Colombo via Kithulgala. En route further enjoy lush tea plantations, majestic peaks, crashing waterfalls and stop to view fascinating two waterfalls St.clairs fall and Devon Fall. Reaching to Colombo in the evening and visit Colombo city. Colombo, The commercial capital of Sri Lanka, is a fascinating city with blend of East & West as well as a cozy mixture of past & present; the city is dotted with numerous interesting and important tourist attractions including colonial era buildings The City Tour will include places of Tourist interest such as Old parliament, Independent Square, Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall, Buddhist, Hindu Temples and Town Hall. Also, visit main shopping arenas; Odel and House of Fashion dress boutiques and the Noritake Ceramic Showroom.
Night 4: Colombo
Day 5: Departure – Colombo to Air Port
- Jagath Tours – Excellent guide and driver - Outstanding guide and driver - two for the price of one! Despite the ongoing economic crisis this month, Jagath navigated us across this beautiful country in great comfort and safety. We started our tour in… (read more...)
- Jagath Tours – Great tour ! — Thanks to Rohitha. - My wife and I have just completed a fantastic 12 day tour of Sri Lanka - made all the more fabulous thanks to our driver, guide, and now friend; Rohitha. We could not recommend him… (read more...)
- Jagath Tours – Great tour with Jaya (Jagath’s partner) - We had a great time in Sri Lanka with both Jagath and Jaya as our divers and guides. All was fantastic, well organised and proffecional. I can only recommend both. Jaya is so a cheerful… (read more...)
- Jagath Tours – Great driver and even better guide - Before going to Sri Lanka - my every trip was looking similar - buying flight tickets, renting a car(and driving on my own), going with plan with getting some news from internet and guide books… (read more...)
- Jagath Tours – The best driver and a Certified Guide! - I cannot emphasize enough what an excellent decision it was to choose Jagath as our driver. I usually plan my vacations myself and we picked Jagath because one of his itineraries looked very similar to… (read more...)