(This information is provided directly by the driver and is not edited by this website.)
• Elephant Orphanage at Pinnewela
• Polonnaruwa Ancient Kingdom-UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Sigirya Rock Fortress -UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Wild Safari at Minneriya/Kaudulla National Park
• Dambulla cave Temple -UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Ayurvedic Herbal & Spice Gardens
• Cultural Show (Traditional drumming, dancing & Fire Walking)
• Tooth Relic Temple in Kandy
• Kandy City Tour
• Royal Botanical Gardens at Peradeniya
• Visiting a Tea Factory & Tea Gardens
• Colombo City Tour & Shopping
Personally until tour come to end I will be your driver and guide.
Fully Air-conditioned Luxury Car or Minivan with passengers’ insurance coverage.
Fuel / free Wi-Fi / driver food and accommodation / parking fees / tour guide entrance tickets/ Unlimited kilometer according to tour itinerary.
Accommodation/ Entrance tickets for all activities mentioned above/Tips and porterage /Expenses of a personal nature/ food and Beverages Flights & Visas /Early check-in & Early checkout charges Activities charges
Day 1: Air Port / Pinnawala/ Dambulla
Arrival at Bandaranayeka International Ari Port and transfer to Hotel in Dambulla
En route visit Elephant Orphanage at Pinnewele where abandoned and disabled elephants get lot of love, care and protection, can enjoy the bathing, feeding & playing of dignified elderly matriarchs to the cutest of babies.
Dinner & Overnight stay at a Hotel in Dambulla
Night 1: Dambulla
Day 2: Dambulla / Polonnaruwa / Dambulla
After breakfast leave for Polonnaruwa ruined city, the second kingdom of Ancient Sinhalese, became Sri Lanka’s royal medieval capital in 10th c AD and remained the capital until the late 13th century. Today, the ancient city’s ruins remain in remarkably good nick; huge Palaces, Monastic complexes, Giant Stupas, Hospitals, Image Houses etc… The most impressive are the ancient sculptures of the Buddha at the Gal Viahara cut into Granite stone dating back to the middle of the 12th century.
Night 2: Dambulla
Day 3: Dambulla / Sigiriya / Minneriya / Dambulla
After breakfast leave to Sigiriya climb up magnificent Sigiriya Rock Fortress
Sigiriya; the lion rock, a rock fortress-cum royal palace complex of 5thc AD, was created by king Kashyape who committed patricide made the rock his hideout in order to stay away from his half-brother who sought vengeance. This king not only fortified his stronghold but also added to it artistic beauty with water gardens, pavilions, courtyards… About two hours can happily be spent walking through its water gardens, and then up the steep steps – either hewn out of the rock or on circular iron staircases – past the frescoes. You will be in no rush to abandon the spectacular views at the summit.
Afternoon, visit Minneriya/Kaudulla/Eco Park National Park. This will include a Safari tour by jeep with a jungle tracker. The Park is an incredible place to observe the elephants that come to bathe & graze on the grasses as well as the huge flocks of Birds that come to fish in the shallow waters.
Night 3: Dambulla
Day 4: After breakfast leave for Kandy. En route visit Cave Temple at Dambulla where large number of Buddha statues housed in 5 caves, including a 14-meter-long, colossal figure of the recumbent Buddha carved out of the rock, The caves’ rock ceiling covered in one large sweep of colorful frescoes. It is the best place to see the classical Buddhist paintings & murals of the island. Next visit an Ayurvedic herbal & Spice garden at Matale, where spices & herbs used for Sri Lankan cuisine and medication are grown.
Evening visit the Temple of the sacred tooth relic of the Buddha & see the Cultural Show in Kandy.
Kandy, the capital of hill country, was the last seat of Sinhalese kings who ceded power to the British in 1815 after many battle with the western colonial forces, still remains much of its old world charm and traditions of the Sri Lankan life style, Temple of the sacred tooth relic of the Buddha, the most venerated place of Buddhist of Sri Lanaka, was built in the 14th Century A.D. solely for the purpose of housing the tooth relic. At the Cultural Show, can enjoy the Dancers & Drums of Traditional Artist with their magical Fire walking.
Night 4: Kandy
Day 5: Kandy To Nuwara Eliya
After Breakfast leave for Nuwara Eliya. In the morning further Sightseeing of kandy including Upper Lake Drive and Observe the glorious Architecture of that period and experience the tranquility of the atmosphere. And visit to Art and Craft Centers, Gem Factory to see the rich skills of Kandian Traditional Craftsmen & Artists.
En-route visits the Botanical Gardens at Peradeniya. This was a pleasure garden of a Kandyan King of the 16th Century and later made in to a Botanical Garden during the British regime. This gardens; one of the best in Asia is a place of beauty and site for bird watchers.
Next visit a Tea Factory with rolling tea gardens via crashing waterfalls and reach Nuwara Eliya in the evening: Nuwara Eliya also known as Little England is where the homesick British (The Tea Planters) built themselves a home away from home.
Night 5: Nuwara Eliya
Day 6: Nuwara Eliya / Kitulgala / Colombo
After Breakfast Proceed to Colombo via Kithulgala. En route further enjoy lush tea plantations, majestic peaks, rushing waterfalls and stop to view fascinating two waterfalls St.clairs fall and Devon Fall. Reaching to Colombo in the evening and visit Colombo city. Colombo, The commercial capital of Sri Lanka, is a fascinating city with blend of East & West as well as a cozy mixture of past & present; the city is dotted with numerous interesting and important tourist attractions including colonial era buildings The City Tour will include places of Tourist interest such as Old parliament, Independent Square, Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall, Buddhist, Hindu Temples and Town Hall. Also, visit main shopping arenas; Odel and House of Fashion dress boutiques and the Noritake Ceramic Showroom.
Night 6: Colombo
Day 7: Departure-Colombo to Air Port
- Jagath Tours – Excellent guide and driver - Outstanding guide and driver - two for the price of one! Despite the ongoing economic crisis this month, Jagath navigated us across this beautiful country in great comfort and safety. We started our tour in… (read more...)
- Jagath Tours – Great tour ! — Thanks to Rohitha. - My wife and I have just completed a fantastic 12 day tour of Sri Lanka - made all the more fabulous thanks to our driver, guide, and now friend; Rohitha. We could not recommend him… (read more...)
- Jagath Tours – Great tour with Jaya (Jagath’s partner) - We had a great time in Sri Lanka with both Jagath and Jaya as our divers and guides. All was fantastic, well organised and proffecional. I can only recommend both. Jaya is so a cheerful… (read more...)
- Jagath Tours – Great driver and even better guide - Before going to Sri Lanka - my every trip was looking similar - buying flight tickets, renting a car(and driving on my own), going with plan with getting some news from internet and guide books… (read more...)
- Jagath Tours – The best driver and a Certified Guide! - I cannot emphasize enough what an excellent decision it was to choose Jagath as our driver. I usually plan my vacations myself and we picked Jagath because one of his itineraries looked very similar to… (read more...)