(This information is provided directly by the driver and is not edited by this website.)
Sigiriya rock fortress UNESCO Heritage site
Local village experience.
Minneriya National Park Jeep Safari
Dambulla cave temple ∙
Temple of Tooth Relic ∙ Cultural show UNESCO Heritage site
Visit a Tea Factory
Meet and assistance at the airport
Transportation by Ac vehicle with English speaking Tourist Board Authorized Chauffeur
All fuel ,insurance and if the vehicle breakdown replacement a vehicle
Chauffeur accommodation and meals
Unlimited mileage within the given itinerary.
Safari Jeep Hire
Any expenses of personal nature
Entrance & Guide fees not mentioned above
Hotel bookings and charges.
Please feel free to contact East Coast Travels to enhance your itinerary or any other value information required.
Day 1: Arrival – Sigiriya
On arrival after the immigration process and claiming your luggage, the chauffeur will take you through to the exit and will escort you to your vehicle, where you will be transferred to Sigiriya.
Airport – Sigiriya Travel Distance: 150 km Approximate travel time: 03 hours and 50 minutes
Night 1: Overnight stay at a Hotel in Sigiriya
Day 2: Sigiriya – Senadiriyagama – Sigiriya Rock
After breakfast Sigiriya rock Travel Distance: 03 km Approximate travel time: 25 minutes
An ancient prince killed his father to claim the throne, he was forced to flee to his pleasure palace and convert it into a fortress to guard against his opposition. Sigiriya built on a giant rock rises sheer out of the plains below. This 5th century archaeological site is made unforgettable by its dramatic setting. A rampart, extensive gardens including the renowned water gardens ring the base of the rock and the frescoes of the ‘Heavenly Maidens’ of Sigiriya.
Note: Please note that to reach the top of Sigiriya Rock, there are nearly 1,200 stone steps up and then down.
Thereafter, proceed to Senadiriyagama to local village experience.
Sigiriya – Senadiriyagama Travel Distance: 30 km Approximate travel time: 40 minutes
In the afternoon, you will experience a jeep safari at the Minneriya National Park. Famous for its large wild herds of elephants on the edge of rivers and reservoirs to bathe and socialize, it’s one of the best parks in Sri Lanka to see wild elephants
Return to the hotel and spend the rest of the day at leisure.
Night 2: Overnight stay at a Hotel in Sigiriya
Day 3: Sigiriya – Dambulla – Kandy
After Breakfast at the hotel and drive to Dambulla,
Travel Distance: 18 km Approximate travel time: 30 minutes ,
You will visit Dambulla Cave temple. From cave temple we will proceed to Kandy thro Matale where on the way visit a famous Hindu temple.
Travel distance 70km
Evening visit Temple Of Tooth Relic Of Buddha
Night 3: Overnight stay at a hotel in Kandy
Day 4: Kandy – Nuwara Eliya
After breakfast, a city tour of Kandy and will proceed to Nuwara Eliya.
Kandy – Nuwara Eliya Travel Distance: 80 km Approximate travel time: 3 hours
Along the way, you will have the opportunity to visit a Tea plantation and a Tea factory. Pause every now and again to admire the waterfalls, tea estates and the vegetable fields along the way. Once you arrive in Nuwara Eliya, you will notice the sudden drop in temperature.
Nicknamed ‘Little England’, Nuwara Eliya has got a very different feel to anywhere else in Sri Lanka
Night 4: Over night stay at a hotel Nuwara Eliya
Day 5: Nuwara Eliya -Ella
Travel distance 60km 1.45mts
After breakfast, explore the city of Nuwara Eliya and travel to Nanu Oya railway station to a get train to go to Ella.
Car will follow up to Ella station to pick you.
Night 5: Overnight stay at a Hotel Ella
Day 6: Ella -Bentota
After breakfast visit Nine Arch Bridge, Little Adam’s peak
Proceed to Bentota
Travelling time 4 hrs 254 km
Night 6: Overnight stay at a hotel Bentota
Day 7: Leisure at Bentota beach.
During day visit a turtle hatchery, toddy tapping, Local fisherman’s cove.
Night 7: Overnight stay at a hotel Bentota
Day 8: Bentota to Airport via Colombo
Travelling time 2 hours 85km
- East Coast Travels – Most Memorable Time with Sudarshan - Sudarshan made our vacation in Sri Lanka a truly magical one. We got greeted at the airport with a big smile and a sign with our name and immediately helped us with money and SIM… (read more...)
- East Coast Travels – Amazing Sri Lankan trip with Sudarshan! - My partner and I travelled through Sri Lanka with Sudarshan for 8 days. We were initially considering renting a car ourselves but ended up going with a driver and we're both so glad we did,… (read more...)
- East Coast Travels – Great honeymoon experience in Sri Lanka! - We had a wonderful week in Sri Lanka thanks to our driver Sudarshan! He made a great itinerary for us! He made sure everything went smooth even though there is a petrol crysis in the… (read more...)
- East Coast Travels – Worry free vacation with Suda - We just finished our 13 day trip around Sri Lanka and are happy that we chose Suda from East Coast Travels as our driver. Suda is professional, very organized and also a very positive person.… (read more...)
- East Coast Travels – Fantastic and fun driver - We have just finished a 5 day tour with Sudershan and have had a wonderful time. He went out of his way to help us feel comfortable in Sri Lanka and source things we needed… (read more...)